Friday, June 18, 2010

I haven't seen my face

There is only one mirror in the house, so needless to say, I have had no idea what I've looked like all day. It is interesting but I don't mind. I went with Pastor Danny and Dovie (the family I am staying with) to a prayer meeting tonight. It was so incredible. Words can't really describe what it was like... but each person gave thanks for something in their life. Why the people thank God is much different than anything I would ever hear from anyone in America. There may have been ten or fifteen people there and each person gave testimony to how thankful they were that I was there. That I was already changing western Uganda by being there and that I would give so much to the people. I was completely overwhelmed. I have never been greeted so kindly and been so blessed by someones words. Those are the most humbling moments really. I am thankful that God granted me the grace to come. Anyways, after that we worshiped together and it was so much fun. I did not know the words and because of my severe case of being white, I had trouble clapping but those people sure know how to worship! They are so full of joy and thanksgiving, you can't help but smile and praise God. And listening to those people pray really awakens your spirit. Americans tend to be more reserved and quiet but these people pray with much gusto! The ministry here is incredible. I can't stop saying that... It is all so encouraging and challenging to my Christian walk. I am learning a lot. I find myself watching and listening only to try and replicate what they are doing. Especially when we eat. It's so funny being a foreigner. You feel so silly all of the time because you haven't got a clue as to what you are doing! I am just glad everyone is so kind and accepting. I've loved hearing the stories and getting to learn more about the culture. Dovie and Pastor Danny have shared a lot about their ministry and heart for Uganda with me and it blesses me. I am so lucky to be here and to work beside them. One last thing... I am really white. When I am in my room alone, I don't think so but when I am with the locals I am the whitest thing know to man.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed you are white:) I find it very interesting when you think of how God made us all the same and yet very different. If you apply the thought that each part makes up the whole. Now look at that as you look at the world and I think you get a glimpse of what heaven will be like.

    ReplyDelete