Saturday, July 3, 2010

These people know how to laugh

My cheeks hurt from all the laughter tonight at dinner. Jeffery Png and Pastor Danny are some of the funniest people I have ever met. Seriously, if we are not enjoying a nice conversation, we are laughing until I fear my face will be stuck. I am really enjoying myself and the relationships I have built. I feel very comfortable here and it is because of all the wonderful people I have met. 3 key leaders of the church are leaving for the Bible School in Jinja tomorrow and I am going to miss them terribly. This week we went to one of the secondary schools in the district and did a presentation on HIV/AIDS. I should add that I still get very nervous to speak publicly but I have been put in SO many situations to do so with no notice. So I have learned to think on my toes and really just allow God to take control and use me as needed. I swear sometimes I feel like I just close my eyes and start speaking and then when I open, everyone is smiling with appreciation.
Needless to say, I presented on the Prevention portion in front of a couple hundred students. It was actually a really incredible opportunity and time to educate the kids, so I felt very blessed to be a part of it. Also, yesterday and today I held a training for the new Kids Church materials that our church gave to the programs here in Hoima. And after that training I held a training for the Ushering Ministry. The funny thing is... I am not a qualified teacher in these areas but God manages to equip me and teach me in each of these areas too. So it has been quite the learning experience. I also went to the Clinic in one of the villages this morning and to hear the stories and to know the need is truly just devastating. We thank God for His faithfulness and provision in these things though. Visitors arrived today, one family from America and then Pastor Jeff and Lillian. It's so great, the family from America just happens to be Northwest University Alumni and they know so many of the same people that I do. The connections here are just so crazy and I am excited to be meeting so many different people during my time. The weeks have really flown by and I am seeing now that I don't have much longer before I return to America. Already there are many people talking about how much we will miss each other, although I don't want to think about leaving quite yet. In this next week I am traveling to Kampala and then even further north to Jinja. After that I will return and be leaving again to fly out. Anyways, tomorrow they are having me teach Sunday school which I found out tonight so again I know despite my inadequacies God will prepare and use so I thank Him for that. Oh, they may also have me help lead worship tomorrow... Lord help us all. Haha. I thank God that even though I am often stretched with the things they ask for me to do, I know the people believe in me and have confidence in my service to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment